12' Lanai Surf/Tour Hybrid
The most versatile board in our lineup, the 12’ Lanai offers great tracking, speed and stability. This board is suitable for all experience levels and is a great choice for touring, coastal cruising, SUP surfing, downwinding and casual cruises around the harbor.
- Low entry rocker makes it easy to get up to planing speed.
- Slight “v” at the nose and a 9” fin at the tail helps keep the board tracking straight as you paddle.
- Pin tail, hard rails, single fin and double concave out the tail add for great tracking and control in the surf.
- Flat deck and elongated deck pad allow for easy maneuverability and grip as you move about the board.
- Carbon Fiber/Innegra sandwich construction with an Australian Cherry Wood top.
- 1lb. EPS closed cell with stringer
- Carbon reinforced rails, standing area, fin box and leash plug.
- Deck handle is an easy grip/non-slip handle for easy transporting with wet hands.
- EVA diamond grip deck pad gives you great traction that's easy on your feet for the long haul.
- Comes complete with 9" FCS SUP Surf/Touring fin.
IDEAL WEIGHT CAPACITY BY EXPERIENCE LEVEL
*Beginner: 250Ib *Intermediate: 275Ib *Advanced: 300Ib
Fin Box Type: Single FCS
ROBIN HINKLE-MONTEREY, CA
I live in an area that offers very little glass/calm water conditions and when I paddle out of the harbor, I am right away in the ocean. I do not race but do like to surf on occasion and my primary use for my board is touring... After consulting with Eric with Desolation Outdoors, I made the decision to order the 12' Lanai. It's been an awesome board for touring the coast in Monterey and when the rollers and waves are up, it's been perfect for down-winding and surfing.
Josh herald from San Francisco, CA
If racing is not your priority yet you are looking for a touring board thats really fun in the surf, the Lanai is a great choice. After a year of paddling this board, it is holding up really well and looks the same as it did on the day I purchased my board. It performs really well in the flat water of Lake Tahoe and when I paddle the board in the surf, it's easy to get into a wave and surf. When the waves are down, I can flat water paddle and get a really good work out. I love the versatility of this board!